Project Admission is a tech platform that works directly with the live event industry to expand ticket distribution.
Our products leverage brands, fans, influencers, and aggregate data sources to unlock new audiences by allowing them to buy and sell authentic tickets through individually branded storefronts. We capture the entire ticket lifecycle, allowing us to collect more revenue and more data through identity-based ticketing. Though still a young company, we are actively partnering and working with a number of key players in the music and sports industries.
The Senior Accountant should be ambitious, proactive, and have the ability to roll up their sleeves to drill into the finance process and procedure of the organization. They should have strong attention to detail and be able to create or enhance and identify areas of efficiency within the organization’s finance processes. The candidate should be comfortable interacting with senior management and cross-functionally, meeting tight deadlines and working under pressure.
- Preparation and presentation of monthly financial statements and management reports
- Key point of contact with our external accounting firm ensuring timely delivery of corporate tax returns. In addition, ensure compliance with all state and local tax requirements, which includes timely filing and registrations.
- Review and post accounts payable transactions ensuring: appropriate authorizations and coding, adequate supporting documentation, compliance with Company policy and procedures some of which they will play a key role in creating.
- Create and own the preparation of cash flow forecasting and budgetary process
- Create and enhance existing process and controls where applicable
- Recommend and implement enhancements to core management systems to provide a more effective mechanism for processing accounting and financial information
- Ownership of the month-end close process (on an accrual basis), ensuring accuracy, completeness, and timeliness of all financial transactions.
- Maintain documentation, including filing of general ledger journals, accounts payable/receivable documentation, tax, corporate and other miscellaneous filings
- Assume responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving (or properly referring) accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies
- Act as a business partner to other departments to obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant problems
- Complete special projects and miscellaneous assignments as required
- 2-4 years of experience in private or public accounting
- CPA track having passed at least 2 parts of the exam
- Passionate and energetic about the business and opportunity
- Appreciative of and driven toward success
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (advanced – macros, vlookups, pivot tables, etc.)
- Accounting software experience
- Strong time management skills
Preferred (not required) experience with
- Big 4 plus private experience
- CPA license
- Experience in live event or ticketing industry
- Experience in a start-up environment
- Experience with Netsuite, Quickbooks, and management information systems
- Ecommerce or digital marketplace experience
- International exposure (supporting foreign entities and multiple currencies)
- Payment service provider experience (reporting, reconciliation, and relationship management)
Why you should work with us
Project Admission is growing and our list of partners in the entertainment industry is increasing. You’ll be working with major professional sports teams across the NBA, NFL, MLB, MLS, and more. This role will work closely across the entire organization including product, engineering, operations, and business development.
Our biggest investment is in people like you! The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way people attend live events.
We are a remote-first, Nashville-headquartered company growing our team. As part of Project Admission, you will receive a competitive salary, stock options, and the option to work remotely. We also offer a company sponsored 401k plan, unlimited PTO, as well as Health, Dental, and Vision insurance plans.
We sincerely value a schedule that allows you to have a healthy work/life balance. We look at what you accomplish, not how long you’re in front of a computer. We want you to take vacation and we recommend at least three weeks per year, although it's totally up to you. It’s important to get out and do something outside of work.
You will also notice our focus on transparency. We have regular company meetings where employees can chat openly with teams across Project Admission, as well as our co-founders.
- Must live in the U.S. and authorized to work in the U.S.
- This position is not eligible for an employment visa
- Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers
Project Admission is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!
How to apply
Email your cover letter and resume to Corey Davis at the following email address: hiring@projectadmission